Today Google launched a paid version of Google Analyticsthat processes higher volumes of page views and provides additional support. The general feature set and user experience remain the fundamentally the same as the standard product. This comes as an important addition to the enterprise set of tools that Google offers. The new version audience is mainly enterprises that receive a high amount of traffic and need a certain commitment from Google’s part on data collection, up-time, and support.
The new Google Analytics premium is not about features, as shown below there are few capabilities available on the premium version that are not available on the standard version. It is designed for organizations who value guaranteed availability, dedicated services and support; it is also critical for sites who want to process data more frequently and without sampling.
Below is a detailed description of the tool capabilities, availability, support and pricing.
Google Analytics Premium – Product Description
- Guaranteed processing for up to 1 billion hits per month (vs. the 10 million a month for standard accounts). This applies to a single business or enterprise, but can include multiple web properties. In other words, if a company owns several sites, but the combined volume is under the 1 billion limit, all can be part of one premium instance, but if each site may reach the 1 billion limit separately, then the company would need to pay separately for each site.
- Faster, intra-day processing
- Service Level Agreement around data collection, reporting, and processing
- 99.9% on Collection up-time
- 99% on Reporting up-time
- 98% on on-time Data Freshness (within 4 hours)
Advanced Analysis Tools
- Up to 50 Custom Variable slots (the standard version provides 5)
- Unsampled report downloads for custom report requests
- Unaggregated report downloads for large report requests (up to 1 million rows per download)
- Dedicated Account Management
- Phone & Email support 10 hours per day, 5 days per week (relevant to the time zone in which the contract was signed)
- Implementation Consultation & Tagging Audit
- Live & Webinar Training
- 24/7 Product Emergency Escalation Support, if the product is ever outside of the SLA
Pricing & Availability
At first, Google Analytics Premium is is available to companies based in the US, UK, and Canada, although the sites can be located globally. However, according to Google, it will expand into other regions as quickly as possible.